A/C and Heat Installation And Repair

A/C Istallation

If your current central air conditioning unit is on its last legs, or it’s gone out completely, you know replacing it is the only option to keep your home cool this summer. However we know that replacing it is not always cheap but at the same time it is the best option if you like to keep a cool home, there is a few things that you needs to keep in mind while installing an A/C and Heat on your own, that way once you have done at lease 90% of the work, you can just hire a professional to finish the other 10% of the work. This 10% will cost you anywhere from $100 to $300 dollars, price may vary per contractor.

  • There is no specific place where you have to install your A / C and Heat but it does need to be a place where the ground is flat
  •  You want to make sure that if possible, you keep the unit away from direct sun contact, they are made to work properly either way but it would be much more efficient if you keep it in a place where there is a bit of shade.
  • You want to make sure that it is in a place where water is not constantly falling on it, although they can withstand rain, you do not want to have it right next a sprinkler.
  • You don’t want to keep it too close to your electric meter or gas meter. Most local codes say you should keep it within 3 feet aways of those locations.
air-conditioning-installation-near-me

A/C Repair

Here we will show you some very important points that you could check on your own to see the status of your air conditioning and if necessary to contact a professional.

  • Check your thermostat setting

Make sure is set to Cool,
Replace your battery to your programmable thermostat
Then set your thermostat to 10 degrees colder then your indoor temperature to make sure your A/C is operating properly.
Listen for fans running in both air handling units and their condensing unit.

  • Test your thermostat accuracy with another temperature gauge

To do so, locate your home’s thermostat and tape an accurate thermometer on the wall next to it. Wait 15 minutes and check the temperature reading on both devices. A variance of +/- 3˚F is generally acceptable, but anything outside that range means your previously accurate thermostat may require service

Would you like to have a PRO take a look at to take a look at it to give you the best options based on your needs and budget?

Step 1 of 6